Saturday, March 9, 2013

March Blog Challenge Day 9


March Blog Challenge
Day 9: what is on your bucket list?
March 9. 2013

Who wants to consider their mortality? I guess this is why I never really created a bucket list. The Bucket List (2007) starring Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman seemed to have electrified what the list was all about. Basically, it is a list of certain things you want to do before you ‘kick the bucket’ or pass away.  Have you ever said “I would like to do [this or that] before I die?” I know I have.
Top 5 on My Bucket List
5.) Travel overseas. I have always wanted to visit distant places. Here are my top five travel destinations that I would like to experience before ‘kicking the bucket’.
England - to have a drink at the pub  
Ireland – to experience the high cliffs and rolling green parks
Scotland – to tour through castles and gaze at kilts
Hawaii – to experience paradise
Poland – to explore my lineage
4.) Continue to write the Going off Dreams series and for it to do well.  Well enough that other projects would stem from it. Like graphic novels, trailers, web-series, a cable series or even a big-screen movie. The ultimate would be to have the honor of going to ComiCon and seeing my characters walking around.
3.) Having enough money to treat true friends to an awesome vacation, helping family members that have shown their love and support, and to be financially stable enough to donate to various foundations. I would really love to be able to give my parent’s a worry free life. They have given so much; they deserve to be able to enjoy the rest of their lives.
2.) Getting my own car. This is totally selfish – but, after my son was born I had to sell my car (that I loved) in order to get a van to meet his needs. I have always hated vans and being forced to drive one has been like a raw nerve exposed. Within the last year, I sold the van that I had (for financial reasons). Not having a vehicle hasn’t really upset me as much; not having a car has been like someone kicking your chair out from underneath of you.  It would be like the heavens parting, divine music billowing, and brilliant light spotlighting the event; if I were to ever have the opportunity to buy my own car. 
1.) This might seem crazy, but it is something I have wanted to do for quite some time now.  Rent an RV traveling to each state on the continental United States. I have always thought that it would be interesting to visit each state and to experience what they have to offer.  Collecting each state magnet in their gift shop would be awesome too. The goal is to have a magnet from each state to collectively combine to present the accomplishment of traveling to each one.
Something that I have always been apt in doing is suppressing the wants of life. Understanding that some things are just not possible for whatever reason(s) and in order to maintain some form of sanity, suppressing selfish desires. Maybe this is why I have always loved fairy tales, they take you to those faraway places, and they show you the impossible can be possible.
Until next time or the next… dream
K.E.Nowinsky
goingoffdreams.com




No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Please leave a comment. Thank you!