Thursday, March 28, 2013

March Blog Challenge Day 28

March Blog Challenge
Day 28: what is your guilty pleasure?
March 28, 2013
I think we all have a guilty pleasure, or two, or three... well, let's just say that some are more guilty then others. This took me some time to figure out - what exactly - were my guilty pleasures. However, as I have done with this challenge ~ think-think-think & type-type-type.
My Top 10 Guilty Pleasures
10.) YA Series - young adult book series didn't really register with me until I was 25. My first gateway series was Harry Potter.  Then I gravitated toward the Chronicles of Narnia series, followed by the Sookie Stackhouse (True Blood) series, and of course the Twilight series.

9.) Disney Channel - I go through phases when I can't get enough of a Disney Channel show. Such as Even Stevens, Lizzie McGuire, Suite Life, and Life on Deck. I watched Wizards of Waverly Place for a while, and Good Luck Charlie. Naturally, I don't mind watching anything my son loves either (Mickey Mouse Clubhouse)!
8.) Disney Movies - a couple times I have dragged people to the movies with me to see an animated feature or Pixar productions. One time, the person I went with leaned in and whispered "we're the only adults here without children". This just made me giggle. Now, I do have children that I can take to the movies. My sister and I actually joke that we have a valid reason to go to kids movies now. I love taking my nieces and cherish it.
7.) Food - who doesn't have something that makes their mouth salivate? My problem is that there are too many guilty options. I use to love Easter, not only because of the meaning, but also because of Reese's Easter Eggs. Which, now they have a special Reese's for just about every holiday.
6.) TV - I think everyone has a program they are addicted to. There was a couple months that we did not have TV. During this time I really didn't miss it. I missed my shows, but I enjoyed the quality time I spent with others. Something else I learned was that when the TV is off, I am more motivated to do things around the house - like cleaning!
5.) Tips - yes, they may ruin your nail beds for months after you take them off, and your nails will be weak and brittle, but it is a guilty pleasure. Every once in a while I treat myself at the nail salon, it makes me feel good about myself. I feel guilty about it because most of the time it is something that I cannot afford. Eventually, I have to have them taken off or rip them off, because I can't afford to keep them anymore and they grow-out and loose their durability.
4.) Pedicures - I usually want these more in the spring and summer months when my feet are exposed to the public. I would get them regularly if I could though! I think everyone should find something that relaxes the body like this to pamper themselves with. It is not only good for the body, it is also good for the mind. Usually you get to sit in a massage chair too, which adds to the pampering.
3.) Hair Salon - most people go regularly to manage their hair styles and coloring. Again, when I can afford it, I treat myself to a hair cut and usually some form of coloring (highlights, lowlights, or peek-a-boo's). This can get pretty pricey depending on when you go and what services they're going to provide for your hair. Most of the time my total is around $100 which I think is pretty common for women with medium to long hair.
2.) Vehicular - when I was 25 I had to sell my car in order to buy a van for my special needs son. I've never had a car since, actually, I don't have a vehicle at all right now. But, when I did have my car (and no limitations, gas was cheaper, no restrictions) I would love it on a beautiful spring day to just get in my car, turn the radio up, and just drive around. This really helped me at times too if I was really upset. It helped me to return to a calm state, sort of like a quick shock to sober my personality back to a manageable state. Now, it represents a time in my life of independence.
1.) Buying Gifts - when I was younger my mom would get on me all the time for spending my money on buying people gifts, or for using gift cards that were given to me and getting someone else something. When I would travel, I would always buy those closest to me small gifts. When I have the availability, I love to buy gifts for people. This probably isn't the usual guilty pleasure but being scolded or deterred about buying for others, or not having the money to do so, can trigger those feelings of guilt. Until next time or the next... dream ~ K.E.Nowinsky

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I'm now hungry for Reese eggs, my favorite. :D

    I'm one of the A-Z Minions and just wanted to stop by to say hello. I'm glad to have found your blog, it's great to meet you. Good luck with the Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Please leave a comment. Thank you!