Sunday, June 30, 2013

Honors Of Being Nominated

The Prestigious Liebster Award

First of all, thank you+Cathrina Constantine for nominating me for the Liebster Blog Award. I am very honored. Please take a moment and visit Cathrina's blog here Cathrina Constatine Blog. There are some rules to this prestigious award. First, you answer 11 questions about yourself (you may skip this step and move to question 2 if you like). Second, ask 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer. Third, Choose up to 11 new up-and-coming blogs (with less than 200 followers) to nominate. Fourth, Go to each blogger's page and let them know about the award. Fifth, make sure to thank the person that nominated you (check!) My personal opinion is that there should be a sixth instruction or rule, which would be - don't forget to show off your Liebster Award by adding the widget to your blog.

Eleven Things About Myself

11.) I self-published my first book this past February
10.) The majority of my professional training is within the Special Education field
9.) My son is handicapped
8.) I am a survivor of "the flesh eating bacteria" (a.k.a Necrotizing Fascitis)
7.) I have one older sister and am an Aunt to two gorgeous nieces
6.) Obtained my Associates of Arts degree in Psychology (60% through my Bachelor's)
5.) Born and raised in Maryland
4.) Hence, Baltimore Ravens and Orioles fan
3.) Have big plans - just need big money (lol) = love to daydream
2.) I stopped smoking about four months ago
1.) Secretly, I love singing in the shower!

Constatine's Questions

1.) What one goal must be accomplished by the end of summer? Well, since I said that my second book would be released this past spring, and I am still editing, I would go with - my second book must be accomplished by the end of summer.
2.) One regret of your youth? Just one? lol j/k My one regret was that I was so naive and shy (is that considered two?). Anyway, I think that this contributed to my self-conscious behaviors, and it kept me from really standing up for myself. If I could talk to myself as I am now, to the young girl I once was, I would have so much to tell her.
3.) Dancing or watching? I miss going dancing. Growing up my friends and I would go dancing just about every Thursday. Now that I am slightly older, (and much more weathered) I tend to just watch now.
4.) Favorite movie star? This is a hard one, growing up I had a crush on Brendan Fraser, and I would (and did) watch every movie he was in. I have many favorite actors and actresses for both the small and big screens.
5.) Favorite movie? Another hard one - I ave a blog where I talk about the shows I'm watching and review of movies, http://waitwatchwonder.blogspot.com. Right now, I would say my favorite all-time favorite movie would be Cinderella (Disney Animation, 1950).
6.) What one thing is on your bucket list? I don't have a bucket list, not that I haven't heard about them, I definitely watched the movie, but to think about everything I want to accomplish before I die is a little depressing. Plus, since I almost died once, I don't really like to consider my own mortality more than I already do. But, in the spirit of the award, the one thing I would like to do before I die would be to read the entire Bible (it's something I have said for a while now).
7.) Best night ever? The best nights ever for me have been the nights when my friends and family are gathered around the campground fire, marshing marsh'mellows, and just having a good time.
8.) Tea or Coffee? Depends on what is going down. A cold winter's day, curled up watching the snow, a hot cup of tea is perfect and brings back a lot of memories. Now'a'day's though, it seems that I require coffee to get my blood pumping and going in the morning, pretty desperate actually.
9.) What's your most loved pet? I grew up with pets, it is hard to single out just one. I have a blog about fostering animals too http://fosteringfamilyfun.blogspot.com. My most memorable companions have been Chester and Sunny, two great dogs that passed. I have had my cat Smokie for nearly 20 years now, he is still as stubborn as ever. My dog Bryan has been through a lot with me though, and I would be too sad if he wasn't with us. The dogs we are fostering are Ripken (a lab mix) and A'ella (beagle, terrier mix). Yeah, I love animals.
10.) Favorite vacation destination? DISNEY!! My favorite vacation of all time was he Disney Cruise. If I had the money, I would do it again in a heart beat. 
11.) Favorite mode of transportation - Trains, Planes, or Automobiles? I don't have a mode of transportation right now. I had to sell our van (times are tough), but if I had to choose I would say automobile. There is just something that makes me happy inside when I am behind the wheel of my own car, driving down a long stretch on a beautiful day, and listening to some familiar tunes.

My Questions For The Brave

11.) What is your favorite color?
10.) If you could change or make one law, what would it be?
9.) Do you believe that individual personality characteristics have more impact from their environment or genetics?
8.) Do you believe that there are other life forms in the universe?
7.) Can you remember your last dream - if so, what was it?
6.) What movie do you remember most impacted your childhood?
5.) What is your fear?
4.) If you were granted one wish (and no wishing for more wishes), what would it be?
3.) What is the last song you listened to?
2.) Who is the one person (living or passed) that you would want to spend eternity with?
1.) When was the last time you smiled?

Without Further Ado - The Nominees

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Please leave a comment. Thank you!