Wednesday, March 6, 2013

March Blog Challenge Day 5 Movies!!


March Blog Challenge
Day 5: favorite movies you never get sick of watching
March 5, 2013 

Movies – now this is something that I can really get into.  Most of us have been watching movies for more years than we invested in our own education.  My love of this form of entertainment stems from the need of escape.  When life can be stressful, I just popped in a movie and can clear my mind to a state of lethargic ignorance.  So here it is, my top ten (although it could probably be more like top 50 if I could) favorite movies that I never get sick of watching. 
Top Ten Favorite Movies 

10.) Super Troopers (2001) – Directed by Jay Chandrasekhar, this comedy is developed by the Broken Lizard Comedy Team, its other members that are also in the movie are Erik Stolhanske (Rabbit), Steve Lemme (Mac), Kevin Heffernan (Farva), and Paul Stoter (Foster).  Fiercely funny, this comedy leaves me in stitches every time I watch it.

9.) The Prince of Egypt (1998) – Watching this movie, each time, I feel this emotional connection.  From the immensely talented cast to the music, it just grabs my breath and doesn’t release it until it’s over.  One of the scenes that I look forward to every single time I watch it is when Moses parts the waters. 

8.) Little Women (1994) – This movie set the industry afire with Winona Ryder’s acting possibilities.  She led an all-star cast including a future Batman (Batman Begins 2005), Mary Jane Watson (Spider-Man 2002), and Carrie Masterson (Homeland 2011).  Leading the young cast is Susan Sarandon, an acting goddess that has given so many outstanding performances in her filmography career.

7,) Disney Animated Features: when I was younger this would have been number one, hands down.  Being more mature, I didn’t want to do a top ten of only Disney movies (I totally could though).  Among the list would include Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Aladdin, The Lion King, Pocahontas, and Mulan (just to name a few).

6.) Encino Man (1992) – I can’t tell you how many times I watched this movie during my high school years.  This movie was my gateway toward my love for Brendan Frazer.  Full of the 90’s quirky comedy, this story introduces you to Link (like, the missing link) who was a caveman that became a Popsicle and defrosted by Sean Astin (Dave).  When I watch this movie, it is just a fun time.

5.) Cold Mountain (2003) – Another all-star cast, this movie follows Jude Law, Nicole Kidman, and Renee Zellweger during the American Civil War. It doesn’t just pull at your heart strings; it takes them out and uses them to pluck a harmonious blend of drama with tragic human stories.

4.) Meet Me in St. Louis (1944) – Judy Garland leads this cast through the life and times in the 1900’s before the World Fair.  Every time I hear “ding-ding-ding goes the trolley” my heart literally does zing and metaphorically jump with delight.

3.) Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (1954) – I couldn’t tell you when the first time I watched this movie was, but I can tell you that I have seen it many times since.  The story, music, and acting are combined to produce that magic of MGM movies during the era.  My favorite scene is when the brothers are singing of their loneliness.  This movie holds a special place in my heart.

2.) The Goonies (1985) – I have never met a person that doesn’t like this movie.  Including Sean Astin, Josh Brolin, and Corey Feldman this movie gives the viewer an experience of adventure with great laughs and leaves you in childlike wonder of the possibilities. 

1.) Jurassic Park (1993) – Every time I see that this movie is on, I will immediately tune-in.  I can’t get enough of the dinosaurs and dramatic goodness.  I just read the other day, someone had posted something to the effect of – just admit it, when you see water in a cup shaking you think a dinosaur will come crashing through (why yes, yes I do!). 

This reaffirmed that I am a movie fan, I have always loved to watch movies, and I hope that I always will find the enjoyment within them.  There are so many other movies that I can’t resist watching when they are on like Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, 50 First Dates, Sherlock Holmes, The Avengers or most of the comic book to movie franchises, but I don’t want to waste anymore of your valuable time.

Until next time or the next… dream

K.E.Nowinsky
Goingoffdreams.blogspot.com
Goingoffdreams.com
Find my book on Amazon “Going off Dreams” that has been called “apocalyptic fantasy” that fans are eagerly anticipating the next book due out later this spring.

1 comment:

  1. There are so many more movies I thought of even after posting this... so many movies, so little time. Tell me your favorites ~

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Please leave a comment. Thank you!