Monday, March 4, 2013

March Blog Challenge Day 1


March Blog Challenge

Day 1: Self-portrait and 5 random facts about yourself

K.E.Nowinsky

 

Self-portrait (the one I have for almost everything)
It is rare that I actually like pictures of myself.

 Random Fact 1: My favorite ice cream is mint chocolate chip.  More specifically for a really special treat I include sugar or waffle cone (broken up or not) with chocolate sprinkles (or jimmies, depending on where you are from) or the hard chocolate dip topping.

Random Fact 2: I asked my boyfriend what random fact I should put and his response was “You’re tough, not only tough, but TOUGH.” This made me chuckle a little.  One time he told me that I “pack a mean punch” and I told him how my dad was once the Golden Glove Champion in Massachusetts.  Not that my dad really taught me how to hit or anything growing up (he did teach us pressure points), so my theory is genetics.

Random Fact 3: My son’s name is Kaleb, he was born two months prematurely, and has severe disabilities.  His main diagnosis is CHARGE syndrome (www.chargesyndrome.org).  Kaleb also has quadriplegic cerebral palsy and epilepsy.  He has a trach, j-tube, and he’s in a wheel chair.  He wasn’t supposed to live to see 3 years old – he’s 10!  There were no concerns with my pregnancy – until my water broke in October instead of December.  The doctor’s still didn’t know anything was wrong with Kaleb until after the emergency cesarean. 

Random Fact 4: My boyfriend’s name is Justin and we started dating last April.  Our one year anniversary is next month! We have a lot of fun together, we like to laugh, and play.  It keeps us young at heart.  We actually went to the same middle school, he spent one year at the high school I went to until he transferred to a vocational school.  He’s a Leo and I’m a Taurus.  We both love to play games (he has a PS3 and I have an Xbox360), watch movies, and occasionally (when we have the $$) we enjoy a night out.

Random Fact 5: I had written the entire Going off Dreams series in 2009 (4 books).  It is based off of dreams that I had at the time.  I had originally included my personal life in the earthly realm, when editing I decided to replace it, not wanting my personal life involved in the story.  The only characters that are from my real life are my cat (Smokie) and my dog (Bryan).  I had titled the first book “Going off Dreams” and when I went to write my notes I typed in “notes GoD” and the hair on my arms stood up and I got this chill.  The second book is titled For All in the Hope (due spring 2013) again the initials spell a word, as will the remainder of the books within the series.

Until next time or the next… dream

~ K.E.Nowinsky

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Please leave a comment. Thank you!