Monday, April 22, 2013

A to Z Challenge: S

April A to Z Challenge
Day 19: S
4/22/13

"Spring is nature's way of saying, 'Let's Party!' Robin Williams (Brainyquote)
"With Malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right, as God gives us o see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation's wounds" Abraham Lincoln (Brainyquote)
"The bonds we create in the household are the most important and lasting. Savor them; they're sacred." Rainn Wilson (Brainyquote)
OK, so I might be getting carried away with quotations, it started as a nice way to transition to what I was writing about for that particular letter. Then, when I was searching on what to write for the letter S, I came across this picture:
Much like our lives, each peddle of our flower is a different characteristic or personality trait. Have you ever sat down and literally written out ten characteristics that define who you are? When I was in therapy we had to make a billboard advertising our good qualities - it was really hard for me to do. I loved the creative aspect (because I enjoy sketching), but actually thinking about myself, this was unheard of (lol). Then sit down and write out the 10 things that mean the most to you in life. This could be a great activity to do with
children too! Make 'peddles' to construct different flowers "who I am" flower, "what I like" flower and so on. Then when you put them all together, you will have a beautiful visual garden. Just like spring, we need to cultivate ourselves, we need to renew our spirits and count our blessings. If you have children, spend time with them, get them outside and keep them engaged in life. I remember playing outside when I was growing up, it was a gateway into imagination (not having games or shows dictating how we should think). I grew-up sheltered though and as a result naive, which isn't always a bad thing. My parents did the best that they could; I believe they did an amazing job. Take time to meditate on each peddle and define what it means to you. Until next time or the next... dream ~ K.E.Nowinsky

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Please leave a comment. Thank you!