Monday, April 15, 2013

A to Z Challenge: M

April A to Z Challenge
Day 13: M
04/15/13

"Meditation is the dissolution of thoughts in eternal awareness or pure consciousness without objectification, knowing without thinking, merging finitude in infinity" Voltaire

I think that meditation can mean different things to different people. I also think that it is something very important for both our mental and physical health. Something that I've learned is that we are human 'beings' not human 'doings'... take time each day for yourself, do something for yourself and no-one else. Whether it is taking a nap (which the Dalai Lama said is the best meditation), taking a nature walk, or sitting in silence disciplining your mind. I use these three examples because each are very beneficial toward our health. Sleep is important because it is letting our bodies reboot and is crucial when fighting off illnesses and important for brain development too. Nature walks
are important because it helps us to be healthy and I think everyone should have a connection to nature, it is important to our connection to earth and our origins (Gods breath into the dust of the earth). Disciplining your mind is beneficial to control anxiety and stress which are toxins that damage our health and quality of life.
Until next time or the next... dream ~ K.E.Nowinsky

4 comments:

  1. Hello! I think I would greatly benefit from mediation. However, I can't turn off my monkey mind! My thoughts swing from subject to subject at speeds I can't slow down, LoL. You know that part in the book (or movie if you've seen it) of Eat, Pray, Love when Elizabeth Gilbert can't get the hang of meditation? That's me. But she eventually figured it out, so I guess there's hope for me yet!

    Happy A to Z-ing! from Laura Marcella @ Wavy Lines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read the book but really enjoyed the movie! I totally understand - there are times when I feel like my head is going to explode because I have too much going on up there. It helps me to write things down. :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I like the quote. New follower here. I'm stopping by from the "A to Z" challenge and I look forward to visiting again.

    Sylvia
    http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sylvia, and I look forward to your next visit ;)

      Delete

What do you think? Please leave a comment. Thank you!