Thursday, April 4, 2013

A to Z Challenge: D

April Blog Challenge
Day 4: D is for Disney
April 4, 2013

"A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

Disney has held a special place in my heart since I was very young. It was a special moment when magic could transform a servant into a beautiful lady equip for an elegant ball. Animals could speak, good always trumped evil, and love itself was something enchanting. Where a boy on the street could be the diamond in the ruff suited to rule the nation. Basically, that anything is and could be possible - if you dream it then believe it! This child like wonderment has been with me always. I think Walt Disney was an amazing story teller and luckily, he had the ingenuity to create something amazing. He left his legacy to us all and it continues to captivate and entertain today. 


Not only do I love Disney movies, I love Walt Disney World, and I am very blessed to be going again this +Justin Barnhill and his family. As I am getting older, my body does not want to cooperate as much. I have never been a person that particularly enjoys riding rides or roller coasters.  I have a fear of heights, the higher the ride, the more my eyes are closed praying for it to end. I have no qualms being the 'bag holder' or just waiting around. It is so wonderful just being there and there is so much to look at and explore. Years ago, when I went on vacation with a bunch of friends, I was waiting for one reason or another, and had this amazing opportunity to get my picture with a bunch of different Disney characters. Each time I go to Disney there is more and I get to experience something totally new.
Until next time or the next... dream ~ K.E.Nowinsky

6 comments:

  1. It is hard not to write about disney for D, a dream place. I took my son there when he was 7 years old, best age. By 11 years old, he was no longer interested with Disney. But movies, we love them still.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. agreed - Disney movies are timeless classics :)

      Delete
  2. We love Disney too, and one of my daughter in laws works involving the dolls which compile the Disney princesses!
    My grand niece NEVER sleeps without her favorite Disney nightgown!
    I have been to Disney world countless times because of my 5 sons of such different ages! What a sweet post!
    jean, visiting from A to Z !!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly must have guts and a strong tummy for amusement rides. Too bad I don't have any of those. >_<
    Dropping by once again! :)


    Sincerely,Miss Uncertain---sidetracked

    ReplyDelete
  4. Disney is like paradise for Brazilians--everyone in Brazil seems to dream about going there! I'm waiting till my kids are old enough to pass the height requirements for more rides and then, I know they'll love it!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Please leave a comment. Thank you!