Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A to Z Challenge: I

April A to Z Challenge
Day 9: I
April 10, 2013
"The measure of intelligence is in the ability to change" Albert Einstein
How do you measure intelligence? Growing up I had this distorted view of myself as someone that was not intelligent. It was not until I was older to realize that I had let what other's thought influence this distortion. Then when I was older even more, I have come to realize that I was the only one holding me back. My mom had been trying to tell me for years that I was smart (me being the stubborn person that I am, of course I'm not going to listen to my mom) and it wasn't until the distortion was erased from my vision that I could finally understand.  So, now that I know I have the potential - now what? Good question. I don't think that I am comfortable anymore with the hum-drum of the cookie-cutter society dictated American dream of cattle
being led to the slaughter. I much prefer my own pace, I need time to analyze and contemplate before diving into something. For instance, I knew that today was the letter "I" and through out the busy day, I kept trying to think of something to write about. There were a couple contenders, but once I started looking up quotes - I knew the Albert Einstein quote had led me directly to what I wanted and could write about. I believe that intelligence is also understanding that we learn from everything in life, the good, the bad, and even the ugly. Our brain literally stores this information in different ways. Something that I have always found so fascinating; we only use approximately 10% of our brain - can you imagine if we ran at full capacity?
Until next time or the next... dream ~ K.E.Nowinsky

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Please leave a comment. Thank you!