Thursday, April 10, 2014

I is for IT

About the Book

I've never read the book and don't plan on it! After watching the movie when I was younger, I think I have forever been changed - against clowns. I can now say that I suffer from Coulrophobia (fear of clowns). No, I shouldn't say that I'd never read Stephen King's novel IT, I just don't know if I want to keep torchering myself with images of Pennywise, the demonic clown character from the novel. 
IT was published in 1986, it is a horror novel that won the British Fantasy Award in 1987, and Publishers Weekly listed the novel as the best-selling book in the U.S. in 1986.

About the Movie

The 1990 made for TV series follows a group of children from a small town that had been terrorized by a demonic being; Pennywise the deceptive clown. The kids refer to themselves as "The Loser Club" and 30 years later have to return home as they are called back to fight the same being again (IT, IMDb). Pennywise (Tim Curry) manipulates his victims by using their own fears against them, when they were children, and again as they are adults. Some say that the first half of the movie is much better than the second hale (I agree). I have also heard that the book ends much better than the mini-series - than again, when have we ever heard of a movie or an adaption being better than the book? If you like horror, then this is right up your alley. If you don't like horror - look (rather run) the other way!

Links

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Please leave a comment. Thank you!