Wednesday, April 9, 2014

H is for Harry Potter

About the Books

I remember the very first time that I even heard of Harry Potter, it was before I was married, before I had my son, while I was still working full-time at a school that I love. A co-worker of mine actually introduced me to the book and it seemed like everyone was reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. Then, after the trauma with my son's birth and my own, I sought refuge and escape within the realms of Harry Potter. I was so blessed that I have wonderful parents that went out and bought every book that they could, I believe at the time it was up to Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Then, it was waiting in line at book stores to obtain the newest releases; all well worth it! 
The Harry Potter saga follows a young Harry as he learns about the wizarding world that he is destined for. He's an orphan living with his horrid Aunt and Uncle, then one day a miracle, owls deliver his invitation to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Through the course of the series Hogwarts becomes Harry's home and he learns his legacy is to fight what is threatening his home, family, and friends. It is an epic journey through the corners of our imaginations.

About the Movies

One of the worst things (for me) is when characters change within a series. Luckily for us, all of the main characters remained (for one exception) the same through out the movies franchise; not only that but we got to see the actors grow and mature as well, which was an added bonus. The movies pretty much stayed true to the books. They're full of adventure, comedy, drama, and wizardry magic. Starring Daniel Radcliffe as the hero, Harry Potter, Emma Watson as Hermione Granger the smart one, and Rupert Grint as the loyal best friend Ronald Weasley. Including a legendary cast, this movie saga spans seven books and eight movies in total. To try to name a favorite is like choosing which of your children you prefer the best, it's just not going to happen. I love this series because of the imagination, the action, and the heart. If you haven't seen any of the movies or read the books - where have you been?

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone


Harry otter and Chamber of Secrets


Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban


Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire


Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix


Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince


Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Links

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Please leave a comment. Thank you!