Tuesday, April 1, 2014

A is for Anne of Green Gables

April A to Z Challenge - Welcome


Last year was my first year in the A to Z Challenge. I enjoyed it so much that this year I decided, like a crazy person, to sign all four of my blogs up for the challenge. A sane person would probably ween their way in, and say maybe sign two blogs up this year, three the following, and so forth. But, this gal decided to go all in. As such, coming up with themes for each blog wasn't challenging until I cam to this blog. What Shall I Blog About Today? started as my first blog after I self-published my first book. Then I wanted more organization of the different topics, hence the different blogs. This blog has developed into more of a book blog. So, I didn't want to make things easy and just write about books. I decided to write about books-to-movies. The first being...

Anne of Green Gables

The first time I was introduced to Anne of Green Gables was the local cable network MPT (Maryland Public Television's tele-thone, their showcase was Anne of Green Gables staring Megan Follows, Colleen Dewhurst, and Richard Farnsworth. The story follows Anne, an imaginative dreamer, through her challenges of being an orphan. Until she is mistakenly taken to The Guthbert's; an elderly brother and sister duo. Anne breathes live into their sleepy existence and with Anne's energy, mischief and mayhem ensue. 


While I never have read the book - it sits in my Kindle queue awaiting it's read - I cherish the characters and would recommend this series! Written in 1908 by Lucy Maude Montgomery, who was raised in Canada's Prince Edward Island herself and drew from her personal experiences in writing Anne of Green Gables, her fictional bestselling classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Please leave a comment. Thank you!