Thursday, July 4, 2013

Independence Day

Happy 4th of July!!!



First, let me say that I hope that everyone has a wonderful and safe day. If you are drinking today, please be responsible! I think this is part of the reason we wanted to host an 4th of July cook-out, so that we can drink at home and not worry about driving or having to be responsible. We deserve a day to let-go and have some fun!

There has always been something special, to me, about the 4th of July. People gathering to celebrate what our ancestors and strangers died to serve and protect. I know some people do not respect the servitude or discipline that the military practices. But, those people that wear the uniforms, have sweet, bled, and have sacrificed so much for you, someone they don't even know. Don't you think that deserves respect?

Wipe away the political crap! I do not agree with a lot of what the "Government" portrays within their deceitful wars. The primary fact, and what we should remember (instead of how disgusted we are with our current 'leaders') consider July 4th, 1776. Commemorating the adoption of the Deceleration of Independence. This is an excerpt from Wikipedia, that touched me and thought it would be appropriate to share here:

"The Declaration of Independence is a statement adopted by the Continental Congress on July 4, 1776, which announced that the 13 American colonies, then at war with Great Britain, regarded themselves as independent states, and no longer a part of the British Empire. Instead they formed a union that would become a new nation - the United States of America." (Wikipedia.org - United States Declaration of Independence)


If you could change one thing about the Government, what would it be?
There is a desperate need for the change that was promised a few years ago, that we still have not received. Let me revise that, I am referring to positive change. Something that American's can be proud of, that can unify the nation, not tear us apart. This country was founded with independent individuals trying to escape tyranny. What is upsetting, Government officials and associates, are suppose to serve and protect the people of the United States of America. When did this stop and we started sending our people to serve and protect other nations (that don't even want US there!?) It just doesn't make sense to me, but then again - I'm just a mere mortal - "puny human" (in my best Hulk voice).

Cook-Outs, Parties, and Parades

Of course, most holiday's people are typically nice (or are trying to be on better behavior, so they may seem nice - not everyone of course) either way, I'll take it! It's a day for friends and family to gather, to enjoy each other's company, laugh and love. I don't take this for granted. There are people that do not have such blessings in their life. I cherish the time that I get to spend with the people I love. This is why I love any time, or any celebration, where we all can get together. What I love the most about the 4th of July are the fresh products that are available by this time of the year. We're making cucumber and tomato salad, sweet zucchini and onion family dish, grilling corn on the cob, watermelon and other fruits. It makes my mouth water just thinking of it. This is my first year I am attempting to make the infamous Independence Day Cake, a white cake with Cool Whip icing, and topped with blueberries and strawberries to form the appearance of the American Flag. We'll see how it goes (I'll be posting pictures on Facebook).


I stopped going to firework demonstrations because it always made me cry. Just thinking of the brave people that have suffered and died so that we can enjoy our way of living, always brings tears to my eyes. I don't think this is something that should be taken granted for, I definitely don't. From 1776 (actually 1754, within the Albany Congress, the American Revolution began by demanding rights - I believe) until now - how many have perished, how many have sacrificed, so that we can sleep soundly at night, so that we can have parties and get-together's, so that we can have freedom of speech and the right to practice our own religion. I thank God for those people, I pray that God keeps the one's still enlisted safe, and that even though the nation continues to attempt to keep Him out, that He knows how desperately we need Him - One Nation Under God


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Please leave a comment. Thank you!