Saturday, July 6, 2013

Book Tours: "Did I Say That Out Loud?" by Kelly Harman


Book Tour Begins August 26th - SIGN UP HERE

"Did I Say That Out Loud? Conversations About Life, published June 26th, 2013 is a "lough out loud" humorous memoir. You can get a sense of Harman's humor in her Author's Notes in the beginning of her book, where she proclaims that about 87% of the book is true, the other 13% of the events are contributed to her Irish heritage. Reading about her first self-waxing experience asked the question "how hard can it be?" We soon learn that, eventhought we have all good intentions and  try multi-task, some things just don't work out. However, in Harmon's case, it gives us a good romp to read and laugh along with (especially since most of us women can relate to the first-time waxing fiasco).

About The Author


Kelly Harmon was born in Asmara, Ethiopia in 1962 and has waked the road less traveled ever since. Her childhood was spend overseas, living in eight different countries before she came to the U.S. at the age of 16. This experience inspired an adventurous streak and disregard for convention which has yielded a rich life, overflowing with great story material. Her experiences range from celebrating her ninth birthday at India's Taj Mahal to being evacuated with her family in the midst of a civil war in East Pakistan, single motherhood to serial entrepreneur, and Burning Man devotee to self-made marketing maven. Most recently Kelly came full circle back to the continent of her birthplace, celebrating her 50th birthday at the summit of Mt. Kilimanjaro. Kelly live in Manassas, Virginia with Bob, her husband and true love of 23 years. When she isn't writing about her adventures, Kelly loves spending time with her friends and family, but especially with her three grandchildren, teaching them the value of reckless honesty and unhindered fun, which in my opinion are rare gems to possess.

About The Book

We've all had it - the "uh-oh" of wishing we could take back the comment that somehow escaped the filter between our brains and our mouths. Did I Say That Out Loud? is the tell-all account of the author's misadventures in the daily experience that is life. Told in the tone of a coffee-klatch gathering with your best girlfriends - you know, the ones you can share anything and everything with - the author holds nothing back as she recounts the trials and tribulations of life as Kelly Harman.

Thinking of braving Botox or plastic surgery? Get the real scoop from Kelly, including pre-procedure husband prep. Need help when your cat catches on fire? Ask Kelly how to extinguish the flames without spilling your wine. Survival tips for when a 300 pound man falls on you? Ask Kelly, who lived to tell the tale.

Kelly captures those "you can't make this stuff up" dramas and takes them one step further. She shows us that by reveling in the inevitable mess of the moments we wish we could take back, we may discover that sharing our stories is in face healing, unifying, and often outrageously funny.

Bad for the laugh lines but good for the abs, some of these stories will hit close to home, others will stray far, far from your average woman on the street. But all are unified by the inimitable candor and hilarity that her friends agree is uniquely Kelly. Read'em and weep.

Links


Did I Say That Out Loud? On Amazon
Kelly McDermott Harman Amazon Author Page
Kelly Harman Official Site
Follow Kelly On Twitter
Friend Kelly McDermott Harman On Facebook
Follow Kelly Harmon On Pinterest
Add To Your Google+ Circles
Discover Kelly Harman On Goodreads

Buy The Book