Friday, August 22, 2014

BUSINESS OR PLEASURE SPOTLIGHT

Blurb

Guy Rogers is extremely attracted to his new Realtor, Tom Beaudreaux. As a passionate vegetarian and animal activist, he's ecstatic that Tom is a kindred soul. He could never be with a carnivore. Unfortunately, Tommy isn't really a vegetarian or animal activist. He never said he was either, he just didn't eat meat when he was with Guy. And maybe he emptied his house of all meat and dairy products before inviting Guy over. In fact, Tommy's family owns the most popular barbecue restaurant in town and if his family has their way, he'll manage the new location.

When Guy finds out that Tommy eats meat and his family owns a restaurant that is a monument to eating meat, he's livid and doesn't know if he wants anything else to do with Tommy.

But then Guy's life gets crazy -his dad's paranoia blossoms into violent dementia, he gets arrested for picketing a doggy mill, and the he winds up in even more legal trouble. When Tommy sticks by him through all his trouble and does everything he can to help him, Guy wonders if he's been too militant and narrow-minded. Perhaps he can learn to live with people who have opposite views.

Author Ashley Ladd Bio:



Ashley Ladd lives in South Florida with her husband, five children, and beloved pets. She loves the water, animals (especially cats), and playing on the computer.
She's been told she has a wicked sense of humor and often incorporates humor and adventure into her books. She also adores very spicy romance, which she weaves into her stories.

Excerpt from Business or Pleasure

He'd come early and confided the situation to his parents, begging their understanding and cooperation. His mother was okay with it, but predictably, his pa had been upset. He'd pounded a fist so hard on the table his beer had jumped a good half inch. "A gay vegetarian activist? Are you trying to put me i an early grave? Is he the reason you won't manage the new restaurant?"
His mother had given him a look of commiseration ad Jolene had smothered a laugh.
"I don't want to be in the restaurant biz because I'm already in the real estate biz. I enjoy my career and I don't enjoy sweating my balls off at a barbecue spit. It was nothing to do with anybody except me. No disrespect intended."
Loud clapping sounded in his ears and he turned around to see Guy. "Bravo! Stand up for yourself. Live your life the way you want."
"That includes you, young fella. Don't go putting your fool vegetarian activist ways in his head. The Good Lord gave us meat to eat. Ain't nothing wrong with it."
Guy's face flooded angry red at Tommy's pa's words. His fists clenched as he towered over them. "If they could speak they would tell you themselves they don't want to be abused and slaughtered, but they can't, so I lend my voice."
Tommy stood between Guy and his father. "I knew this was a mistake."

Author Interview

What is your writing process?

I'm a pantser. I brainstorm for a loose idea with a beginning, an ending, and a few highpoints in the middle. Then I keep researching different items that come up as I write. i.e. hotels and hotel workers for my recent hotel stories.

When did you know you wanted to be an Author?

When I was about 6 years old watching the original Superman TV show where George Reeves was Superman. I wanted to be a fearless, fearsome reporter like Lois Lane and have my very own Superman.

Do you have any WIP (or what have you thought about writing)?

I'm working on "Gaycation" which features a hotel, an erotic romance writer, her boss, and a gay convention. I'm about halfway through. I've been on hiatus while I promote my other books coming out between now and late October.

Is there anything that distracts you from writing?

My husband thinks I should pay attention to every commercial on the television and he asks me questions about them or tells me tidbits. DRIVES ME NUTS! I could care less about the commercials. He also has to have the TV on all the time. Thus I often plug into my earphones, turn on Pandora, and tune out his TV. Unfortunately, he gets annoyed that I don't know what he's talking about when he comments on the commercials.
 
Some of my adult children still live at home too. Sometimes they argue LOUDLY. Sometimes they want Mom to take a walk with them, or go to the movies, or just hang out.

And sometimes, my baby Bobby (my kitty cat) insists on sitting on my head or climbing onto my keyboard while I'm trying to work.

What is the one item you need while writing or creating?

Diet Pepsi or Diet Coke with TONS of ice to keep me sane. And often my music and ear phones as mentioned above.

Links

Email - chinara@aol.com

Other Books by Author Ashley Ladd



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Please leave a comment. Thank you!