Friday, July 25, 2014

AUTHOR INTERVIEW & SPOTLIGHT

Author Interview


Author Brad Cox

Are you self-publishing?

For now, that's the immediate plan. I'm using technology to my advantage. I'd written a book a couple years back and ended up scrapping it due to budget, resources, and my own critical nature.
I set-up the Facebook page to kind of force myself into getting it done, but there are a lot of unanswered production questions lurking, which will likely be my next project to tackle.

Can you give a short characteristic profile for your protagonist?

I really don't want to give a lot away at the moment or back the story into any corners; everything is very free and flowing and I obviously don't want to interfere with that. That being said, the protagonist is inspired by my life and experiences.

What genre will the be be?

Fantasy and Science Fiction, per the one other person who's actually read a quarter of the rough draft.

What are your totally selfish dreams about this book or your writing career?

My selfish dreams are to write a New York Times Best Seller, of course; I suppose I'll just need the Colbert bump. But, the reality is this is my first real book. So, I don't know. It may be terrible; my first albums are probably equally as disposable. It's how you grow. Finishing it is worth more to me than how it's actually received. I can write. Can I write a book? I have no idea. It's subjective.
If anything, it'll be a stepping stone!

Can you divulge any audio inspirations that are tied to the book?

The inspiration came from my life and the characters therein; the book is an extension of that.
So, 'Papa's got a brand new bag,' of tricks.

What can you tell us about this?

A lot of the songs were written before the book, which helped. It's a soundtrack. It's in the same realm as We Love the Underground, stylistically. I had a very vague idea of the story and wrote the music around that framework; I tried not to stray too far, but also avoided locking myself in. The songs themselves could stand alone; so, if the book falls short, the songs should offer concession.

What is your favorite genre to read?

I really enjoy bios. Really, anything delivered in an intelligent and dark way.

Who are your favorite authors?

Well, bios and C.S. Lewis, Stephen King, Michiavelli, and Dr. Suess.

What is your favorite book (and how many times have you read it)?

The Prince - just once.
One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish - innumerable.

When is the tentative release date?

1/5/15; numerology is always fun, right?

Links

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Please leave a comment. Thank you!