Wednesday, January 7, 2015

INSECURE WRITER'S SUPPORT GROUP

JANUARY

Happy New Year! As a member of the Insecure Writer's Support Group (IWSG), it was suggested this month that we introduce ourselves and share our goals for the new year. If you didn't know IWSG is about an amazing community that shares on the first Wednesday every month. If you are a writer (in any form) I suggest that you definitely check out the group!

Here we go... Hi! My name is Kristy and I am a writer and blogger. I live in Maryland where we can experience all four seasons of weather in one week! Born and raised, my blood runs orange and purple as a Baltimore Orioles and Ravens fan (so excited we are in the Playoffs!) This is one of four blogs that I write, operate, and create in. As a self-published author, I love helping other authors and blogs by sharing and promoting. I know just how hard it is marketing yourself and it is one of the attributes that I love most about this community - how we can come together to help support one another.

GOALS

In the past I have tried to spread out and help as many blogs as I could manage. Within the last year I learned what I didn't want to continue to do for 2015. For a while I was promoting Erotica and such, I don't mind as long as the excerpts are appropriate. I think you can still show your work in a flattering way without including explicit sex scenes for an excerpt, just like any good seduction - tempt them to the prize and then let them be rewarded (by reading the book). That's just my personal opinion though and applies to the teasers too. How do you feel about this topic?



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Please leave a comment. Thank you!