Wednesday, August 7, 2013

IWSG: Pilgrimage Through Platforms

Just in time for the Insecure Writing Support Group submission, just today I read an article about utilizing different platforms for a single title and how it can generate multiple avenues of income. While my title "Going off Dreams" is already available on two platforms; both createspace.com and through Amazon. I now am considering two more options, today I enrolled for open auditions through ACX an Amazon platform for audio books. Also, this past month I received an email about another new possible platform for our e-books called Book Track. This site lets you match music to your books for an entire different experience for our readers or listeners. An associate of mine is looking into this (+Stevie Nowinsky) since he is a proprietor of +Wonky Sensitive and is the creator of the Going Off Dreams Soundtrack through MixCloud, this is the perfect opportunity to match the two together for an amazing experience.

Has anyone else ventured these different platforms? Would you suggest these platforms?

As excited as I am, being a self-published writer is like riding a roller coaster. There are times of optimism like today, but most days I don't feel as optimistic, especially when I check my sales statistics. I should take advantage of this energy and begin editing the second book again, I'm probably about half way thorough and planning to launch it this October.  I guess right now I am having a hard time juggling everything. My motto has usually been to take deep breaths and just do one thing at a time. I'm trying to market my first book while editing the second, and let alone the other things going on in my life (loosing my house, having a sick child, and taking care of foster pets). We have to wear so many different hats, we are our own agents, marketers, public relations and everything else in between. To say it can be frustrating is an understatement.

How do you juggle self-publishing and the chaos of life?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Please leave a comment. Thank you!