Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Q&A CHALLENGE


Thanks to my very talented and awesome cousin for yet another blogging challenge! As you may or may not know I write for four blogs currently. Sometimes, it can be difficult keeping up with constant posts and production, but this is a great way to share about your blog and connecting with others (or at least we think so)! When I asked which blog I should do this with, it was suggested that I answer the questions for the most popular blog (not that any of them are "popular" by any term). However, here we go:



What is the name of your blog?
What Shall We Blog About Today?
For short I'll refer to it as "What Blog?"

How did you come up with that name?
It was the first exploration with Blogger and as I sat trying to think of what to call a blog that I could write in about everything and anything. Of course ultimately it branched out to four different blogs including Going off Dreams, Faith Warrior, and Wait Watch Wonder; covering different aspects from my writing, to what I like to watch and review, to my spiritual beliefs and struggles in life. What Blog? remains a blog that I dedicate to sharing and promoting different books. I think it's important that authors help to support one another.

How long have you had your blog?
Est. 2013

How often do you update your blog?
What Blog? depends on the amount of scheduled promotions and such. Just looking at my calendar, it looks like this month (February 2015) is the slowest month that I've experienced in a while, and hat's okay! While I absolutely love blogging, I'm dedicated to writing as well. While I try to schedule posts pretty regularly, these slower times allow me more time to focus on other projects.

What is the purpose behind your blog?
As a self-published author, I have learned a lot along the way, and continue to learn as I go. What I love the most about this blog is that I work with other people who have the passion to help other authors promote their work. The purpose behind this blog is to contribute to the indie world, adding our link to the growing movement of the hard working and independent industry.

How long does it take to write a typical blog posting?
It depends on the material provided. If there is an HTML it takes anywhere from five minutes to an hour. Sometimes a code doesn't process correctly, so you have to go through and make corrections; other times they're perfect and you only have to add little things before publishing the post. Sometimes, when codes are not provided it takes much longer because you have to put it all together, sometimes you can't cut and paste because of the layout templates and styles. It just all depends. When I am writing a review it takes days because I write as I'm reading and then I'll go through it for rhythm and flow before posting.

How many posting do you make in an average week?
On this blog alone it can be as many as ten a week, I try not to schedule more than two posts a day. On my other blogs I have monthly challenges and try to post at least once a month. The more you post the more exposure you get though.

Where do you do most of your blogging from?
The comfort of home! I use my laptop and sometimes I'm at my desk, sometimes I'm in the recliner, and sometimes I could even be spending a lazy day in bed. Either way, I've found using the laptop the easiest way. I've tried the Blogger app and have tried posting from an iPad once and felt very restricted

Do you keep track of how many people visit your blog?
When I first started blogging I was a little obsessive with my stats. Now, not so much.

If so, how many visits does your blog get in an average month?
In order to answer the question I looked:
Pageviews Today - 57
Pageviews Yesterday - 52
Pageviews Last Month - 1,693
Pageviews All Time History - 40,733

How do most people find out about your blog?
I would think that they come across this blog through different tours. I also share on different sites such as Google+, Twitter, Pinterest, and Facebook.

How effective has your blog been in getting other people's attention?
I'm a contributor so I think the only effectiveness I've achieved is through the hard work of the people that put together the tours - My Family's Heart - Sparkle Book Tours - Book Enthusiast Promotions - just to name a few.

Are your posts usually more or less than 500 words?
Depends on if there is an excerpt included or not. I think shorter posts are more effective for people to actually read. Unless they are interested in the book or author and then they'll read the excerpt. That's just my opinion though.

Other than images and text, do you include any media in your posts?
Some tours do include playlists and trailers.

How would you rate the success of your blog overall?
From a scale from 1 to 10; 1 being not successful at all and 10 being "big blog" successful I would rate my blog somewhere around a 3 right now. It's a contributing small blog, I haven't been doing many reviews which I think readers look for, and I'm going to try to start doing more reviews (if I can). I have no interest in being a "big blog" though. I like the fact that we're small!

What's been the most rewarding thing to have happened since launching your blog?
Not that we've won any sort of outstanding award or anything, but I think receiving requests and e-mails from people that have viewed the blog is pretty cool.

Describe your blog in three words:
Sharing - Caring - Books!

I tag the following blogs to partake in the Blogger Q&A Challenge:
IWSG - Wonky Sensitive - My Family's Heart - Sparkle Books - Book Enthusiast
~ and anyone else that would like to participate ~